More evidence is emerging that there is a link between the use of
alcohol and or drugs and ‘risky sexual behaviour’. Alcohol
and or drugs can be used to enhance sexual activity but their
use can also lead to people taking risks. When you are under
the influence of alcohol and or drugs your inhibitions are lowered
and you may end up regretting or not even remembering your
sexual activity. Apart from feeling bad about yourself afterwards
you are also putting yourself at risk of picking up a sexually transmitted
infection (STI) or ending up with an unplanned pregnancy.
When you are under the influence of alcohol and or drugs you may:
- Feel pressurised into having sex when you don’t really want to.
- Not think to use a condom
- Not remember what has happened
- End up being sick and if you are on the pill this may make your contraception ineffective
- You may not be able to become sexually aroused (not do your street cred much)
- Have a one night stand and will probably regret it - good sex is best within a loving relationship
However, if above does happen to you be sure to get yourself checked out at your local c2u drop-in or your GP.
For more advice go to